From Rodney Hasty, Chief Assistant District Attorney:
We have an official "live date" for the District Attorney Community Access Portal and the online submission forms of AUGUST 14th, 2017 at 9:00am.
I am conducting TWO TRAININGS for the defense bar as a whole, which includes the attorneys and their support staff.
THE TWO TRAININGS ARE SET FOR WEDNESDAY, JULY 19th AND WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 2nd, FROM 5:30pm go 7:00pm IN THE BUNCOMBE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE TRAINING ROOM. The training room is in the Sheriff's office on the 4th floor of the new part of the Judicial Complex.
Some notes about the trainings:
1. The trainings are identical- you only need to make one or the other.
2. Attorneys and their support staff don't have to come to the same training unless they want to- they can split it if that's better.
3. You do NOT need to bring computers or tablets or phones. The training is going to be pretty mechanical, just going to go through each of the finalized attorney forms up on a big screen, demonstrate them, and answer any questions people may have about how it works and what to do.
4. If there are a number of attorneys and/or support staff that can't make either one, I might do a "makeup training" to catch those folks. We'll see how it goes.
5. EACH PERSON WHO WILL BE SUBMITTING ONLINE FORMS MUST REGISTER A LOGIN ON THE ATTORNEY SECURE SITE AND THEN REGISTER YOUR CONTACT INFO IN ORDER TO BE ASSIGNED A UNIQUE ATTORNEY ID NUMBER. This includes the support staff- they need to register their contact info and then they will get and use their attorney's ID number to do their submissions. THIS NUMBER WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL ONLINE SUBMISSIONS FROM EACH ATTORNEY AND THEIR STAFF.
6. IF YOU'VE ALREADY DONE THIS, YOU DON'T NEED TO DO IT AGAIN. If you've created a login and submitted your contact info once, I've got it. I will assign all of the unique ID numbers in a batch a week or so before the website goes live.
7. Remember the site and the forms are LIVE TO LOOK AT RIGHT NOW. The links are in my signature below. The Master Scheduling Calendar is being regularly maintained and is accurate and the Links site is live as well. If you haven't done anything yet, go to the main page and click "Attorney Secure Access" and that will take you to a login screen. If you haven't created a login yet, there is a button that says "First time user" under the login boxes, click that and register. When you get into the attorney secure site, there is a giant "Register Contact Info" button, click that and fill out the form. That's it, you're ready!
I think that's about it, let me know if you have any questions and hope to see you there!
Rodney G. Hasty
Chief Assistant District Attorney
28th Prosecutorial District, Buncombe County
Board Certified Specialist, Federal and State Criminal Law
NC Crimlaw Links
Master Scheduling Calendar